TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions are for hiring the Studio. By agreeing to work with Media25 Studios and booking the Studio, you automatically agree to our terms and conditions.
In these conditions the following expressions have the following meanings:
- “Media25 Studio” – and any of the partners or any servant, agent, employee or sub-contractor on behalf of Media25 Studio.
- “The Customer” – any person or firm or company dealing with Media25 Studio or any servant or employee of such a person firm or company.
- “Services” – shall include all studio space or stage location facilities and the services of drivers and assistants and other personnel of Media25 Studio or of any sub-contractor of the Company.
- “Equipment” – shall include all fixtures, vehicles, lighting and other materials provided by Media25 Studio or its nominated sub-contractors.
- “Studio” – the premises of Media25 Studio for the time being where the services and equipment are provided.
- These Conditions constitute the entire contract and may not be varied otherwise than in writing signed by a duly authorised signatory on behalf of Media25 Studio.
- Full details of the Media25 Studio services and (non-commercial) charge rates are set out on the Studio website. Prices and rates available on these pages and on the website may be varied by Media25 Studio without notice.
- the Customer shall inform Media25 Studio whether they require a member of Media25 Studio staff (at extra costs) to be on-site to assist with equipment, lighting, etc during the booking. Without this information, it will be assumed that the Customer is confident and competent to use the Studio un-aided, safely and professionally. A member of Media25 Studios staff will arrive 10 minutes before the booking time to open up for the Customer. If the Customer is more than 30 minutes late for the booking, the Customer will forfeit the booking and the member of staff will no longer be on site.
- Nothing in these Conditions is intended to exclude restrict or modify liability on the part of Media25 Studio resulting from negligence or otherwise.
III. Studio Hire
- The Studio may be provisionally booked by telephone or email and the booking should be confirmed (email or telephone) within 24 hours of the provisional booking. The Customer will be required to pay the full amount of the hire fee as confirmation of the booking.
- The Customer must observe all regulations governing the use of the Studio and of any Equipment and services whether imposed by Media25 Studio or by any statutory body or Local Authority.
- The Studio is available for the exclusive use of the Customer named in the booking (and his party) and the Customer is not permitted to sub-contract, sub-let or otherwise permit any third party to utilise the Studio without the prior written consent of Media25 Studios.
- Any materials used in connection with sets constructed by the Customer as well as any rubbish shall be forthwith removed from the Studio at the end of the hire period at the expense of the Customer otherwise Media25 Studio will have to charge for this.
- No alterations decorations or additions to the Studio are permitted without the consent of any partner of Media25 Studio and at the end of the hire period the Studio must be surrendered in the same condition that it was in at the start of the hire period. Any costs incurred by Media25 Studio arising out of any breach of this Condition shall be paid by the Customer.
- The Studio is supplied clean at the start of the hire period and all the costs of painting, repairing and maintaining this state are payable by the Customer. Media25 Studio must be notified by the Customer at the start of the hire period if any aspect of the condition or decoration of the Studio is unacceptable. If no such notification is given the Studio will be determined to be of an acceptable standard for use by the Customer.
- the Customer must include set up and take down/clean up time within the hours booked, to avoid overtime charges.
- Noise levels must be kept to a reasonable level during Studio hire bookings. Clients are asked to consider other occupants and neighbour residents when using the Studio.
- No animals are allowed in the Studio (except guide dogs) unless otherwise agreed with Media25 Studio
- No smoking is permitted inside the Studio or throughout the building.
- No illegal activities are accepted and anyone not compliant will be asked to leave and/or the police will be called.
- The Studio is fitted with CCTVs. Images are recorded for the purpose of crime prevention and the staff safety and they might be also stored to claim for any damages incurred during the booking.
IV. Hire of Equipment and Services
- All Equipment and services are supplied by Media25 Studio entirely at the risk of the Customer. Media25 Studio shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind to material or props or equipment entrusted to it however caused including consequential loss and loss of profit. The Customer is responsible for any loss or damage to the Equipment or the Studio caused by or arising from the Customer use thereof or by any servant, agent, employee or sub-contractor of the Customer.
- All Equipment supplied to the Customer is in good condition. The Customer must notify Media25 Studio at the time of supply if the condition of the Equipment is not acceptable.
- In no circumstances shall Media25 Studio be liable for any transport cost or for any loss or damage including consequential loss or damage however caused arising out of the use or the inability to use the Equipment supplied or agreed to be supplied
- The Customer may not without the written consent of Media25 Studio:
- Remove the equipment from the Studio premises or
- modify or alter or tamper with the Equipment in any way nor
- use the Equipment in a manner not recommended by the Manufacturer nor
- allow or suffer the Equipment to be used by any untrained or unauthorised personnel, nor part with possession sell pledge encumber or suffer any lien to be created on the Equipment.
- Whereat the request of the Customer, Media25 Studio supplies to the Customer the services of a driver, assistant, subcontractor, freelance or other person such person shall be deemed to be the servant of the Customer and the said services shall be deemed to be rendered by the Customer and Media25 Studio shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind however caused.
- Media25 Studio shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever arising out of any statement advice instruction or any other representation given or made by any servant of Media25 Studio or any other person whose services are supplied to the Customer.
- The hire period for services or Equipment cannot be extended otherwise than with the consent of Media25 Studio.
- Equipment must be returned promptly at the end of the hire period in good condition. The Customer shall pay or compensate Media25 Studios for the replacement value (plus any administration fee) of lost or damaged Equipment or in respect of any cancellation or variation of any order or failure to return the Equipment on time.
V. Payment and Additional Charges
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing all transactions will be settled in agreement with Media25 Studio payment terms set out in our terms and conditions before the commencement of the hire period. Clients not paying the full amount must settle accounts within 24 hours of the booking. Prices may be varied without notice to the Customer.
- Overdue payments will incur interest at 15% per week or part thereof.
- The hire time commences when the agreed hire period starts (with or without the Customer being present) and terminates when the Studio and/or Equipment is surrendered or returned to Media25 Studio. Media25 Studio will charge for additional hire hours at an hourly rate (overtime charges are set at £60 per hour unless otherwise agreed in advance).
- Any additional Equipment, services, staff or modifications to the Confirmation of Booking shall be billed to and paid for by the Customer.
- At the end of the hire period the Customer may be charged at the discretion of Media25 Studio an additional rental where the Studio or any item of Equipment is delivered to or returned to Media25 Studio in a bad or damaged condition. Anything damaged will be charged at full price plus 25% administration/restock charge.
- Where Shoot on Site Studio is required to place a security deposit with any third party for the hire or acquisition of any item, equipment or construction material, such deposit shall be paid to Media25 Studio by the Customer in full when the booking is made.
- The price payable by the Customer shall be Media25 Studio price for such goods and service current from time to time, as set out in the relevant Pro Forma Invoice/Quotation, which shall set out prices exclusive of VAT.
- Media25 Studio shall have a general lien on any film, tape, media or other equipment digital or otherwise or property in the possession of Media25 Studio or in the Studio premises for the payment of any monies due to Media25 Studio from the Customer.
- A damages security deposit might be required on the day of hire. Once the equipment and the Studio conditions have been inspected on the day, your deposit will be returned to you. This deposit will be of at least £150 depending on the shoot type and the total number of people involved in the shoot.
- All rates are inclusive of VAT.
VI. Exclusions of Liability
Subject as hereinbefore mentioned Media25 Studio shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss damage expense liability or for any consequential loss (including loss of profit) whatsoever or howsoever arising out of or in connection with any of the following:
- any damage to or loss of property by the Customer or the Customers servants or agents or any third party.
- any breakdown stoppage or failure of the facilities and Equipment provided in the Studio or any other Equipment supplied to the Customer by Media25 Studio.
- any death or injury occasioned to any Customer or servant or agent of any Customer occasioned by the use of the Studio or any Equipment unless such death or injury is directly attributable to the negligence of Media25 Studio or the servants or agents of Media25 Studio.
- for any fines and/legal costs incurred by Media25 Studio or the Customer for any activity connected with the hire of the Studio or Equipment.
- any failure on the part of Media25 Studio to comply with its obligations to the Customer due to any circumstances beyond the control of Media25 Studio.
Media25 Studio cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any equipment or personal property of the Customer. Anything left at the Studios will be disposed of or given to charity if not claimed back within 24 hours. No Client related property will be covered by any insurance held by Media25 Studio.
The Customer shall at all times keep Media25 Studio indemnified against all actions proceedings costs charges claims expenses and demands whatsoever which may be made or brought against Media25 Studio or the servants or agents of Media25 Studio by any third party in respect of any alleged injury loss damage or expense arising out of or in connection with the use of the Studio or Equipment or services supplied by Media25 Studio even where such injury loss damage or expense is caused wholly or in part by the negligence or breach of contract of Media25 Studio its partners, servants or agents save in respect of any death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Media25 Studio as aforesaid. The Customer must ensure that they have their own public liability insurance for all persons in the Studio during the hours of use, to cover any accident, injury or death.
The Customer must ensure that all minors under the age of 16 are always be accompanied by a chaperone. Minors must have parent’s or guardian’s permission to be at the Studio, and to be photographed or filmed as relevant.
IX. Booking Reschedule and Cancellations
All bookings are final. Bookings are not refundable and not transferrable to another date/time unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Clients paying the “Commercial rate” that wish to cancel a booking will receive a 50% refund of the amount paid if Media25 Studio is contacted 7 days or more before the booking date.
Clients paying the “Commercial rate” that wish to reschedule a booking can can do so free of charge if Media25 Studio is contacted at least 5 days before the booking date.
“Commercial Rate” is classified at discretion of Media25 Studio depending on the type of shoot and the number of people within the booking.
Media25 Studio may summarily terminate any hire contract with the Customer upon the happening of any (but not only) of the following events:
- if the Customer shall fail to pay any of the monies due to Media25 Studio or dishonour any cheque paid to it or
- if the Customer enters into liquidation (other than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or shall have a Receiver of its assets appointed or being an individual shall be declared bankrupt or having a Receiving order made against them or
- if the Customer shall be in breach of any of the terms of these Conditions and any such termination shall be without prejudice to any rights accrued to Media25 Studio against the Customer prior to the date of termination.
- Lateness of 30+ minutes from the start of the Customer booking will be considered a “no show” and the booking will be terminated. No refund will be issued. No Reschedule is permitted.
Media25 Studio may terminate any booking or hire contract if the Customer is found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
XI. Applicable Law
These Conditions shall be read and construed in accordance with the Laws of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.